Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A joyful attitude

But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior. Titus 3:4-6

To experience the kindness and love of God demonstrated through people is amazing. The things people did and are still doing for me and my family literally melted my heart. In the past I have wondered about the causes or sources of my illness, but in the grand scheme of things, causes and sources are not relevant. However, I have since decided that the whole experience is not about the illness but the journey through it. Having a joyful attitude even when the going is tough and having the ability to fully experience and appreciate God's blessings without remorse is very important. I am continually grateful for all what I have and have been given, and also for all the positive experiences despite the circumstances. This has helped me remain joyful and is constantly giving me the ability to experience more and more of God's mercy.

Acts 20:24
But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

Psalm 89:14-16
Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne;
Mercy and truth go before Your face.
Blessed are the people who know the joyful sound!
They walk, O LORD, in the light of Your countenance.
In Your name they rejoice all day long,
And in Your righteousness they are exalted.

No comments:

Post a Comment