Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fearing no evil

Six weeks after leaving the hospital, I am so much better. Restoration has been progressive with new accomplishments each day. I was able to walk leisurely for two hours, shopping, without needing to sit every two minutes. I can now walk up and down stairs with ease without being short of breath. I have no inflammation, no pain, no rash, and I am coping with the sun better. I am also slowly reducing my medications. What a journey. However, there is always that lingering fear of "going through it all again".

To overcome this fear, I have to remind myself daily that:
  "Never again will I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
    For the Lord is with me,
    His rod and His staff, they comfort me"  Adapted from Psalm 23:4

To my network of friends and family, thank you for your support. You make me who I am. To all of you going through sickness or disease, I pray that your healing and recovery will be speedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment