Sunday, January 16, 2011

Medications...

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me (Psalm 23:4).

Prescribed drugs that is working for me:
- Predisone (varying dose, plan is to get off completely)
- Celebrex (100 to 200mg depending on level of inflammation)
- Ramipril (for high blood pressure)
- Folic acid
- Vitamin C
- Iron
- Calcium
- Vitamin D

Supplements I found useful:
- Centrum Fort
- MSM capsule (without glucosamine because of my fluctuating blood pressure)
- MSM cream for rash and inflamed joints
- Flax Omega-3
- Turmeric (for its anti-inflammatory properties plus its great to cook with)

Going from a person who does not have any need for medications or supplements to taking all the above is like an assault on the body. It feels like polluting my body. Thank God for the word! It is not what goes into the mouth of a man that makes him unclean and defiled, but what comes out of the mouth (Matthew 15:11).

Oh, and what comes out of the mouth, it is a struggle to speak some days. A big "Thank you" to all those people who are praying for me. On those day, it is your prayers that keep me going. I appreciate you all.

Other therapies that are working for me:
- Acupuncture for pain relieve and muscle stiffness, including auto immune points
- Craniosacral massage for tissue and nerve wellness
- Respiratory training to increase lung capacity and oxygen to the muscles
- An hour at the gym every other day to maintain muscle strength
- An hour in the spa (hot tub) and steam room followed by a dip in cold water pool

Having good knowledge of my body has been a saving grace. It emphasizes the first part of Hosea 4:6 "my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge". I am glad I am still in tune with my body. this has been helping to quickly stop any drug or therapy that is not working as drug reactions can be fatal. The physicians prescribe what they believe to be best but one has to remember they are not God and are only working with what they know.

Other medications which I reacted badly to:
- Methotrexate (steroid sparing drug)
- Etidronate disodium (to prevent osteoporosis)

I am looking forward to the day when I can once again proclaim the power of Luke 10:19 "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

Ephesians 6:10-20
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment