Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Spirit, Soul, and Body

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24).

Understanding that one's illness is in the body not one's spirit or soul is very important. Making that distinction gives me strength from day to day. I remind myself that I am a spirit, I live in a body, and I have a soul. With my spirit, I can draw from God, with my soul I can find knowledge and apply wisdom to my situation. This has been very helpful for me in keeping depression out and staying focused! I draw daily strength by reminding myself that my spirit and soul are healthy and my body will become healthy again. My spirit and soul are working together to help my body come back to health.

Matthew 10:28-31
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment